Alligator vs Crocodile vs Caiman, is there a difference? Here you can learn how to distinguish the alligators from the crocodiles and the caiman!
Christopher Stills, MS
Chris started The Reptile Room and helps keep everything running smoothly behind the scenes.
Christopher has been collecting, keeping, and thinking about reptiles just every minute since he was 9 years old after seeing a green anole for the first time in Florida.
After that, he was hooked. He’s now been an active herper for more than 2 decades and has worked with a huge range of species from the leopard gecko to the King Cobra.
Christopher brings a wealth of experience in both editing and running a website and hands-on experience working with reptiles.
Growing up in Florida, Chris has extensive knowledge of the Sunshine State reptiles with some of his favorites being the Eastern Indigo Snake and super smart green anole.
When it comes to pet reptiles, Christopher has a particular affinity for the leopard gecko, drawn to its manageable care and the unique personality each gecko displays.
His interest doesn’t stop at the more common pets; he’s also well-versed in the care of more uncommon species like the Argentine Tegu and he even potty trained his own Tegu named, Pumbaa (Timon is his blue-tongued skink in case you were wondering).
Education and Certifications
Master of Science (M.S.) in Biology
University of Florida | 2014 – 2017
- Emphasized habitat preservation and species protection strategies.
- Participated in field studies assessing reptile populations in various ecosystems.
- Collaborated on research projects for the conservation of endangered herpetofauna.
- Developed skills in Geographic Information System (GIS) for mapping reptile habitats.
Bachelor of Science in Marine Sciences
University of Florida | 2008 – 2012
- Specialized in the study of marine ecosystems and the behavior of marine reptiles.
- Undertook a significant research project on the effects of ocean acidification on marine iguanas.
- Developed skills in underwater survey techniques and marine biodiversity assessment.
Articles Written By Christopher Stills
Check out the latest articles written by Christopher:
Wondering why your bearded dragon is rubbing his face on rocks, glass, or even you? Most of the time it’s shed-related but we’ll explain everything.